05 November 2012

Day 5 of the NaNo Challenge and STILL Behind

Okay. I am really beating myself up over here. We are five days into this year's NaNo challenge and I have three days of writing to make up. I feel like a failure.

There are many excuses I could use to explain this away, but, I will not. I will just admit the truth. I worked all weekend and Sunday (yesterday) was the worst! We were super busy, customers were just extra rude, and the environment was just plain out chaotic. I was so tired and achy that I did not even really stay on the internet long. SHOCKER. 

Honestly, I feel burned out. It is not because of the NaNo per se. Mainly it is because I am pushing myself too hard. I keep reminding myself I have to hit 1,700 words a day or that I am 3,400+ words behind, and things of that nature. The belief in me seems almost non-existent, but I am still trudging along. Even though I have reached a measly 3,426 words, that is still a lot in my book. It does not help that my depression is kicking in.

If not for others who believed in me, I would have quit by now. 

Until next time...

Happy Writing!

0 comments:

 
;